August 19, 2010

The time, it has marched on

OMG y'all (okay, well, like all 3 of you still following here), today my first baby started kindergarten! What is that all about?! I mean, seriously, I feel like I just brought her home from the hospital yesterday and now...five years gone in a blink.

So...she loved it, was excited, and eager, and all those happy adjectives. It was awesome to see. She's a bit reticent to share all the details of her day but slowly they are coming out. I think it was probably a lot to take in in one day. I shed a tear, quietly behind my sunglasses, as we said goodbye but it was over quickly. Much like ripping a band-aid off.

I still get a pang for a third child from time-to-time but then I come to my senses, LOL The devil and angel in my brain duel but then my subconscious steps in with the rational POV. I guess it's hard to come to terms with the fact that your babies are growing up--or at least it's hard for me to realize my babies are growing up. I still picture them as smaller and younger than they really are, which is probably why I always seem to buy them shoes in a half-size to one size smaller than their actual feet :)

I'll get it right, maybe, one day....

3 comments:

  1. My son starts kindergarten a week from Monday. Ack! How did this all happen so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to imagine when LL was an non-English speaking, sqawky infant in those sleep deprived times that, hey someday she'll go to Kindergarten. That someday is now. Wow...

    That's funny about the shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to believe these kids are old enough for school! My little man will be 5 in just over 2 months...and I can't believe that he isn't still a baby. I'm just barely getting used to referring to him as a preschooler and not a toddler. And we only have one year left of the actual "preschool" phase. *cue panic attack now*

    ReplyDelete